Note! Before starting any router settings, we recommend save or write current internet settings on it. In case of an error, this will help you quickly. restore previous settings without contacting technical support.
Configuring Netmap VPN under L2TP on ASUS RT-AC58U router
Obtaining configuration data for connection
To obtain configuration data, you must be registered on netmap.net, and you also need to buy Netmap VPN
Go to the «Server Locations», page, and copy the Hostname of the server you need.
Go to the control panel of your router.
The model we are working with is located at router.asus.com. Open this domain in a browser, enter your login information and click "Login".
After authorization, select "Internet"
Let's start setting up the connection.
- - Select "Internet Connection Type" L2TP;
- - Check "Yes" in the "Get WAN IP Address Automatically" box;
- - Check "Yes" in the "Connect to DNS Server Automatically" box;
- Enter the data received to the "Username" and "Password" fields. The process of obtaining authorization data was described above in the section "Obtaining configuration data for connection";
- Enter the server domain name in the field "VPN server";
Note! We recommend a server with outgoing IP from the Tor network to ensure a higher level of anonymity. But it is up to you.
- Click "Apply
If you configured everything correctly, the connection will not take much time.
Go to our website in the "Check IP Address" section to check if the VPN is connected. If the configuration failed you will see a popup message indicating the reason. For example, "0.0.0.0 is an invalid IP address". This means that you did not set "Yes" in the "Get WAN IP Address Automatically" box. After fixing thу error, the connection will be established.