To setup the pptp VPN connection on your computer, please follow the instructions below. Before the pptp VPN connection setup.
It is necessary to install a set of necessary utilities.
1. Open the terminal and run the following command:
Enter the superuser password. To install the utilities, run the following command:
apt-get install pptp-linux network-manager-pptp network-manager-pptp-gnome
2. Go to the connection setup. To start, please open the settings.
3. Select "Network"
4. Window with a list of your connections and information about them will open. Click "+"
5. Select the "Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP)"
6. Window for creating a VPN connection will open
Enter the VPN name that you like most in the "Name" field , for example, "netmap_su"
In the "Gateway" field, enter your IP that you received after you purchased the tariff.
In the "User name" and "Password" fields enter your login and password
Click "Advanced ..."
7. In the opened window, check the boxes next to "Use Point-to-Point Encryption (MPPE)" items, in the drop-down "Security" menu select 128-bit encryption and click "OK."
8. In the window for connection creation click "Add"
9. The connection setup is complete. It remains only to enable the VPN, for this click the switch at the top right.
If you setup everything correctly, the status of the connection will change to "Connected"
10. In the future, you can connect VPN without going into the network settings
Using our "Checking your IP address" service you can check if your computer's IP has changed, and also find out the vulnerabilities of your host and recommendations for their elimination.