Note! Before starting any router settings, we recommend save or write current internet settings on it. In case of an error, this will help you quickly. restore previous settings without contacting technical support.
Configuring VPN under L2TP on D-Link DIR-842
Obtaining configuration data for connection
To obtain configuration data, you must be registered on netmap.net, and you also need to buy Netmap VPN
1. Go to the «Server Locations», page, and copy the Hostname of the server you need.
2. Go to the control panel of your router
The model we are working with is located at 192.168.0.1. Open this IP in a browser, enter your login information and click "Login"
3. Select "Configure Connections" in the left menu, open "WAN" and click on the "ADD" button
4. Select "Connection Type" - "L2TP" in the opened menu. Fill in the "Username", "Password", "VPN Server Address" fields. Click "APPLY".
We recommend a server with outgoing IP from the Tor network to ensure a higher level of anonymity. But it is up to you.
5. Check the option "to the Internet" in the opened window, and click "OK"
6. Do not change anything in the WAN settings window, just click "APPLY"
Wait for the connection to be created. Do not interrupt this process. If you configured everything correctly, the L2TP connection status will be "Connected". Use our service "Check IP" to check if the IP VPN server was assigned to you.