Note! Before starting any router settings, we recommend save or write current internet settings on it. In case of an error, this will help you quickly. restore previous settings without contacting technical support.
Configuring Netmap VPN under L2TP on netis WF2409E Router
Obtaining configuration data for connection
To obtain configuration data, you must be registered on netmap.net, and you also need to buy Netmap VPN
1. Go to the «Server Locations», page, and copy the Hostname of the server you need.
2. Go to the control panel of your router.
The model we are working with is located at netis.cc. Open this address in a browser, enter your login information and click "Login".
3. Click the Advanced button in the upper right corner immediately after authorization.
4. Select "Network", then "WAN" in the left menu.
5. Let's start setting up the connection
Note! Save the previous settings of the router, so that in case of unsuccessful settings, you can return to the previous settings.
- Check "Wired" in the "WAN Type" box
- Select "WAN Connection Type" - "L2TP"
- Fill in the "Username", "Password", "IP Address/Server Name" fields with the data you received earlier.
- Select "Dynamic Connection type"
- Check the "Connect Automatically" box
Click the "Save" button after entering all the settings.
If you configured everything correctly you will see a popup message "Saving is completed!". This will mean that the VPN is connected. Go to our website in the "Check IP Address" section to check if the VPN is connected.