Note! Before starting any router settings, we recommend save or write current internet settings on it. In case of an error, this will help you quickly. restore previous settings without contacting technical support.
Configuring VPN under L2TP on TP-LINK TL-WR942N
Obtaining configuration data for connection
To obtain configuration data, you must be registered on netmap.net, and you also need to buy Netmap VPN
1. Go to the «Server Locations», page, and copy the Hostname of the server you need.
Go to the control panel of your router.
The model we are working with is located at 192.168.1.1. Open this IP in a browser, enter your login information and click "Login"
Select "Advanced Settings" after authorization
2. In the opened window, open the "Network" menu and select the "Internet" submenu
3. Let's start setting up the connection.
- Select "Internet Connection Type" L2TP;
- You have already obtained configuration data. Please fill in the "Username" and "Password" fields;
- Check "Secondary Connection" - "Dynamic IP Address"
- he full list of servers is available for you on the site. Choose the server suitable for you and enter it in the "IP address/domain name of the VPN server" field.
We recommend a server with outgoing IP from the Tor network to ensure a higher level of anonymity. But it is up to you.
- Set "MTU Size" to 1460 if another value was set.
- "Connection Mode" - Manually
- Set 0 in the "Maximum downtime" field for the VPN to work continuously,
- Click "Save" to save the configuration
- Click the "Connect" button for the VPN to start working
If you configured everything correctly, the connection will not take much time. When the values of the network settings change from 0.0.0.0 to other values, this will most likely mean that the connection was successful.
Go to our website in the "Check IP Address" section to check if the VPN is connected.